July 12, 2021
- It is basically a language used for scripting and creating interactives websites for the users. It is basically a client inclined language used for generally small projects.
- It automatically runs once the codes are written in plain text format on the webpage.
- Introduced in 1995 and previously called Mocha, is successful language in the history of coding science.
What is Typescript?
- Introduced by Google, typescript needs a complier to run and cannot be implemented directly to the webpage. It is an open-source language.
- Now let’s look at the differences between the two languages.
- Speaking in simpler terms, static typing indicates an error if you allot a type of value to the variable at this moment and allot another in the next line, an error will be generated, as you cannot change the type of value assigned.
- Let’s see an example, if we allot a=12; and then write a=dance; you will have an error generated due to static typing as the type of value assigned to variable ‘a’ changes from numeric to string.
- This is a huge advantage which saves a lot of time and energy if you have results linked to one of your outputs, that is your final result depends upon some intermediate output.
Prompting of errors
- If you are a coder, you know that how much time consuming it is to write a code, without mistakes and that’s a really tough job.
- We tend to make mistakes of various sorts from syntax error to value assigning due to heavy pressure.
- In typescript, the codes are run prior to output for any errors and this easy error identification helps us to rectify and re run again.
Type of language
- The more intelligent the language is, thee easier it is for the coders to code reach their desired output.
- What is optional parameter? If you are writing a code and forget to allot a type to your parameter, optional parameter will allot “undefined” as the type. But a default parameter will assign a default value to parameter.
Ease of learning
- If you are new and start with typescript, you tend to make a lot of mistakes and you will get infinite errors. Solving them will make you start hating this language.
- As we discussed, typescript is a strict and strong static typed language. You need to compile the codes before running it.
- Errors are displayed and you need to solve them for your code to run and give you an output.
- For such process, you need to annotate your code. Make it easier for someone other to understand your code and work on it easily.
- It might be tedious for someone else to understand your way of thinking, especially in complicated and long code projects.
Are You Looking For Web Designing In Mumbai ? Read Here.
- Typescript is used by companies such as MongoDB, Evernote, Freedom Financial Network, Asana, Screen Award etc.
- It’s completely up to the user to choose between the up to two languages they are comfortable with and have progress with.